The action never gets old and boring with the presence of ninja weapons. Throughout history, then cinema and now popular culture, ninjas are the coolest vigilantes. No matter what kind of warriors and soldiers come and go, the fascination with ninjas remains.
If you are also a die-hard fan of all things related to ninjas, especially their weapons, this blog has it all. Let's take a more in-depth look at the history of Ninja Weapons and explore where you can still get quality pieces today.
The Ancient and Fascinating History Of Ninjas
There are some prominent cultures of traditional fighting that have stood the test of time. Martial arts are one of them. Among many famous fighters and teachers, the martial arts experts are proficient in technique and reflexes. Many of the ninja weapons that people love are simple but require the presence of mind and precision to master.
In the 15th Century, ninjas emerged as the opposing force to the Samurai warriors. In Feudal Japan, regular people were not allowed to carry weapons. This put the civilians in a state of terror and uncertainty all the time. To combat that, agents proficient in guerrilla warfare were the answer to their prayers.
The ninjas were experts of ninjutsu, an ancient fighting technique that incorporated special weapons. They countered the terrorizing samurai warriors in their stealthy ways. In ancient Japan, ninjas were mercenaries, spies, and assassins who combated the growing army threat.
The fighting moves and techniques used by ninjas were immortalized. Nowadays, people still admire the timelessness of martial arts ninja weapons in design and effectiveness.
The Need Of The Hour - What Tools Did Ninjas Use?
Just as it is mentioned above, ninjas helped avenge and defend the civilians. They were also rogue warriors that needed to carry weapons that were light-weight but effective. That is why many of the tools that you would associate with ninjas are nifty.
The real ninja weapons that are still in use today as professional weapons or collectibles are pretty much the same.
- Also known as shuriken or a throwing star, this is a trademark weapon or ninjas.
- Since these stealthy agents had to stay hidden and work discreetly, they needed clandestine weapons.
- Ninja stars are metal blades shaped like 5-point stars or snowflakes. Their primary purpose is to mislead and confuse.
- They were used to throw towards the opponent and cut them lightly on open flesh. Mostly ninjas would also throw them in the air or onto trees to distract the soldiers.
- You can’t go through a ninja weapons list without mentioning the ninja swords.
- All ninjas had to use swords, but they needed smaller blades that were easier to carry.
- They used a smaller version of the katana sword called the ninjato.
- Ninjas often used these swords in pairs, so it was faster to combat an incoming attack.
- Nunchucks are one of the most common weapons in martial arts.
- To use nunchucks, you need to develop keen reflexes and upper body strength.
- The weapon itself if simple and easy to make, as it only takes two sticks and a rope to make a proper nunchaku.
Hidden Blades or Arm Gauntlets:
- Although you won’t find these very commonly, arm gauntlets are protective metal layers for arms.
- Ninjas used to wear them to black sword attacks, but they were mainly used as hidden blade carriers.
- In the case of close combat, these arm gauntlets had concealed blades that were pushed open.
- Anyone could easily be injured or even stabbed with a hidden blade, and that was a ninja's powerful weapon.
Kama Swords and Escrima Sticks:
- Along with elemental swords, ninjas also carried round ax-like blades with short handles.
- These axes were called kama swords, that was also used in pairs and were useful for duels.
- The Escrima stick is the simplest weapon, a bamboo rattan stick made for special martial arts moves.
- This stick has nothing special; the carrier of this weapon uses their presence of mind and speed to defend against attack.
DIY Defense - How To Make Ninja Weapons
Out of all the weapons that can be used in combat or self-defense, ninja weapons are the easiest to make. When people started using these weapons to help protect their community, they were working with the bare minimum.
With the most basic materials like wood, bamboo, rope, and even metals, you can simple ninja weapons. The beauty of ninja equipment is that it's non-technical and hence useful to more people.
With the exception of perhaps ninja swords, you can create axes, throwing stars, and nunchakus at home. There are multiple tutorials available online that direct you on how to develop the best weapons possible.
Safety Issues – Are Ninja Weapons Illegal?
- There are many federal laws against weapons in the U.S that explicitly ban lethal weapons.
- In the case of ninja weapons, the policy is a little complicated.
- Since most of the weapons made by ninjas are used now as professional martial arts tools, they are technically sports goods.
- Even ninja swords don’t have specific laws prohibiting their use or limiting their purchase as they are classified as collectibles.
- People like to collect antique weapons, and most ninja swords are either family heirlooms or collectible replicas.
- There are, of course, limitations to the public use of ninja weapons. You can't brandish swords or throwing stars to intimidate someone.
- If you’re thinking, can a shuriken kill you? It can't, it can injure, but like nunchucks and arm gauntlets, the intent to harm can kill you, not the weapon.
Emulating Ninja Vibes – Where To Buy Cool Ninja Weapons
Depending on where you live in the U.S., you can find awesome ninja weapons for sale in your area. Local weapon stores usually keep a few replicas of ninja sword and stars for martial arts fans. But since they are a novelty item, finding good quality weapons would be a challenge.
In this case, the best source you should turn to is online weapon retailers. Unlike local stores with scattered merchandise, you can find classified sections of everything from professional-grade to toy ninja weapons. So, good news for fans of 'Enter the Dragon' and Ninja Turtles weapons alike; you can get what you want from Knife Import.
Knife Import – House Of Cheap Ninja Weapons
Whether you collect replica ninja weapons or need authentic ones for sport, Knife Import is your go-to website. They have the most extensive collection of ninja weapons you could ever need, but they are also unmatched in prices.
- Affording high-quality ninja equipment seems like a stretch, but it couldn't be made more accessible.
- Knife Import features an impressive list of collectible and authentic wholesale ninja weapons.
- Buying at wholesale rates allows the buyer to purchase in bulk.
- Each item on Knife Import costs less than the prevailing market rate, so you get the desired quality without the hefty price.
- Collectors can buy the same novelty items that they would pay hundreds for at incredibly low rates, enabling them to buy again.
- Here are some of the best ninja weapons you can get for a stellar price from the Knife Import store:
- 2 Piece Batman Razor Spikes Arm Gauntlets;
Embrace the true ninja spirit with these expertly crafted arm gauntlets for $16.99. Constructed out of faux leather and metal, this pair of ninja weapons gives you the powerful stance you need.
- Black Ninja Tabi Boots - Size 10;
Complete the stealth look with these Tabi boots for $29.99. Not only do they complement the ninja ensemble, but they're also made from premium-quality materials.
- Sharpened Kama Set with Wood Handles;
Whether you want to put them up on your wall or use in your martial arts training, these kama swords are exquisite. Available for just $9.99, you can save up in money what you can make up for style with these excellent blades.
- Deluxe Rattan Escrima;
This simple rattan Escrima stick costs a mere $6.99 apiece. It might seem like a simple bamboo shoot, but in the right hands, this stick can tackle the best fighters. You can begin your basic Kung Fu training by mastering this humble weapon, available at a modest price.
- Kung Fu Fighting Fan - Phoenix - Dragon with Black Finish;
There is no reason a workable and useful ninja weapon can't have pizzazz. The sleek and ornamental bamboo frame fighting fan has flair as well as violent action. For just $8.99, you can use this fantastic ninja weapon to bedazzle, confound and duel your opponents. Something as decorative as a fighting fan is also ideal for collectors.
All this and much more is waiting for you at the KnifeImport website. The hub for high-quality weapons and tools, they provide an array of ninja weapons for the best price in town. Do your wallet and yourself a favor and buy wholesale ninja equipment at the Knife Import store today. You can find your ideal martial arts weapon at a desirable price.